What is Corporate Social Investment?
Gain an understanding of corporate social investment (CSI), and grasp related concepts in responsible business.
What is CSI? Corporate social investment is the practice of companies contributing to social development. Now, CSI is becoming more strategic, with companies focusing more on how they can make a valuable and sustainable impact.
“What is Corporate Social Investment?” is a short course that gets you up to speed with definitions, key concepts and trends, and how CSI is part of responsible business, with great potential to contribute positively to society.
What level is the course?
This is a short foundational course for people in business who work in fields related to CSI and corporate responsibility, and for people aspiring to work in these areas. It is also for non-profit leaders and staff who want a deeper understanding of how businesses see corporate social investment.
An overview for corporates and non-profits
The course was created using Trialogue’s extensive experience in corporate social investment research and consulting. Three modules cover important CSI concepts and trends. It includes valuable insights from CSI experts at Trialogue and leading international experts.
Learn fast in your own time
Total learning time is approximately 2 hours. Additional resources are provided to guide you to dig deeper and learn more. At the end of each module there is a short quiz to help you cement your learnings from the module.
What will you learn in this course?
You’ll discover the foundational concepts of CSI and how it relates to responsible business concepts such as shared value.
- Define corporate social investment and understand why CSI important for business and society.
- Understand the difference between CSI and corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Clarify what socioeconomic development (SED) means and the link between SED and CSI.
- Keep updated with CSI trends in South Africa and globally.
- Get familiar with the concept of strategic CSI and Trialogue’s CSI positioning matrix.
- Understand the concept of shared value, and how it relates to CSI.
- Understand how business is an integral part of society and its potential for making a positive impact.
- Explore the concepts that make up responsible business and the relationships between them.
What will this course do for me?
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand what CSI means and why it’s important.
- Learn how CSI relates to CSR, SED, shared value, and responsible business.
- Gain relevant insights from top experts on the trends in CSI.
- Explore the concepts that make up responsible business and how business can positively impact society.